Wednesday, June 28, 2006


I'm a little behind in posting to this Blog. I guess I'll have to use a few posts to catch everyone up on our doings in Tokyo.

By now, we've visited Akihabara (a.k.a., Electric Town) many times. We've looked at all sorts of cool electronic gadgets: massage chairs, MP3 players, camera tripods, and LCD televisions. Most of all, however, we've used our visits to Akihabara to look for Japanese-English electronic dictionaries, to aid in our study of Japanese.

After comparing the different brands (mainly Sharp, Canon, and Casio), I purchased the Casio XD-GT6800 (meaningless to you, I know). It's a neat little machine, except I barely know how to use many of its functions. The interface and manual are both in Japanese, but with a little time, I will learn how to use its many useful functions. Kari will be sure to use it a lot too; right now she is reading Harry Potter in Japanese.

No comments: